CHICAGO PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY
If you have been injured in an accident, you may suffer from extensive injuries. Chicago Personal Injury Attorney Phil Berenz will FIGHT for YOU!
Although you simply want to rest and recover from your accident, you may unfortunately find yourself faced with extensive medical bills and other costs, as well as time lost from work.
In addition, some injuries are long-term or disabling, requiring follow-up care and additional expenses. Injuries from an accident can interfere with your normal, everyday life, and can even affect your relationships and family life.
As a Chicago injury attorney, I consider our clients as part of our family. When there is damage done to our client because of the negligence of another party, regardless if it’s physical or psychological, we are here to fight for your rights.
As your Chicago injury lawyer, my team and I will find all of the resources surrounding your accident and get you compensated for the amount that you deserve. You might be eligible to recover damages for injury, loss of wages, emotional loss, etc..
Who Is At Fault For Your Accident?
The first question that your personal injury lawyer will ask is “Who is at fault?”
In personal injury cases you have to show that an accident occurred because of someones negligence. This is where you will base your analysis in finding out the one at fault. Negligence is defined as any kind of careless behavior or attitude that resulted or contributed to an accident.
What Are The Types Of Damages In Personal Injury Cases In The State Of Illinois?
There are two types of damages in a personal injury case. There are compensatory damages and punitive damages. Most cases fall under the former.
This is the usual type of damage that is awarded in personal injury cases. The idea here is that the defendant is trying to compensate for the damages and injury that he/she has inflicted. The goal is to make you, the plaintiff, feel “whole” again.
There are many types of compensatory damages:
- Pain and Suffering – This is for any kind of discomfort or pain as a result of an accident. The compensation should account for past and present pain that you have suffered.
- Emotional Distress– Injuries have varying psychological impacts to a person. That’s why these damages are usually related to accidents that are traumatizing in nature.
- Income Loss – If you suffered an injury that has affected your ability to work, then you should receive compensation for income lost. In other words, you have lost your “capacity to earn” and, thus, should be compensated accordingly.
- Medical Treatment – When you are injured, there are always medical expenses that should be accounted for. The compensation should cover all the expenses in the past, present, and also in the future as you seek medical care.
- Property Loss– If your property is damaged as a result of the accident, such as your car or your home, then the compensation should cover the repairs or the current value of the property in the market.
Unlike compensatory damages, punitive damages are awarded on top of compensatory damages due to special cases. If the defendant is deemed extremely careless in his/her actions, punitive damages are in place in order to “punish” the defendant.
Your experienced, aggressive, and caring Chicago injury attorney will explain to you where to seek compensatory and/or punitive damages so that you can be properly compensated for your injury.
Chicago Personal Injury Attorney Phil Berenz & Berenz Law Network Is Here To FIGHT For You
You shouldn’t be forced to face these expenses and changes alone. In the case of an accident caused by another person’s negligent, irresponsible, or malicious behavior, you deserve compensation for your immediate losses as well as compensation for any changes you are forced to make in your life.
My dedicated and experienced team and I understand the difficulty of dealing with injuries while at the same time being involved in litigation. We are an experienced team who will handle your case with professionalism and care as you recover from your accident.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, you deserve to be fully compensated for your losses from the responsible party.
Contact me today at 312-375-6524 and I will guide you through the process and get you back on your feet.
We handle all personal injury matters in Chicago, All of Cook County, DePage County and throughout the State Of Illinois.