Chicago Pedestrian Accident Attorney
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Association (NHTSA), about 5,000 pedestrians are killed every year in accidents involving motor vehicles. Another 78,000 pedestrians are injured in similar accidents. Thousands more pedestrians are also injured in non-automobile accidents such as trips and falls caused by poor property maintenance, sidewalk defects, and construction flaws.
For the victim of any type of pedestrian accident in Chicago, Attorney Phil Berenz and his team are here to help, so don’t hesitate to contact us for a free consultation.
Proving Negligence in a Pedestrian Accident
To recover damages for an accident that was caused by a property defect or motor vehicle collision, the victim must prove negligence (the defendant’s failure to meet a standard of care, thus resulting in the accident).
A lawyer at our office can review your case to prove the following when you make a claim:
- The defendant owed a legal duty to you as the pedestrian
- The defendant failed to fulfill the duty owed to you
- The defendant’s failure caused the pedestrian accident
- The defendant’s failure caused injury or harm to you
Examples of acts of driver negligence that can lead to pedestrian accidents include:
- Failure to signal while turning
- Failure to obey traffic signs and / or signals
- Driving inattentively and / or while pre-occupied
- Failure to observe and adhere to posted speed limits
- Failure to adapt driving behavior to weather and / or traffic conditions
- Failure to yield the right of way to the pedestrian at a marked crosswalk
After a pedestrian accident in Chicago, Call Berenz Law Network!
If you wish to take legal action for the pain and suffering that was caused to you in a preventable pedestrian accident, then do not hesitate to contact our office.
With the help of a legal team with more than 16 years of experience, you can confidently move forward with your claim or lawsuit. We are committed to helping our clients obtain the maximum amount of compensation due to them, and we are prepared to do the same for you.